Okay, so this post wasn’t planned at all, but I had to share this recipe ASAP.
It was just one of those evenings where I needed to use up some leftovers and things that would go out of date soon. So I accumulated it all and thought about what I could make with it. It turned out so fantastic that I wanted to share it with you!
I put just spinach in the ingredients, even though I used a spinach-ricotta cheese mix I had left over from the other day, but I really think it would make any difference if you include the ricotta cheese or not, because it actually is about the spinach.
The jalapenos weren’t really left over or needed to be used up but I just couldn’t resist to add them and it was the best decision ever, they give just the right amount of spicy!
Enough said, let’s get to this super easy recipe!
- 8 small potatoes or 3-4 normal sized ones
- 1/4 onion
- 2 heaped tablespoons spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
Tips, hints and warnings
You can add as much mozarella and as many jalapenos as you like, this really depends on personal preference.
- Peal the potatoes, wash them and cut them into really small pieces, but not too small so that they are still a bit chunky
- Put the potatoes into a sieve and let them sit over a bowl for about 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes pour away the moisture that collected in the bowl
- Cut up the onion
- Combine potatoes, onions, the egg, flour, spinach, mozarella and jalapenos in a bowl and mix
- Melt a bit of butter in a skillet and put just enough mixture into the pan so that it is covered with one layer and everything gets evenly heated
- Wait for about 3-5 minutes and check the downside of the potatoe mixture
- Flip it if the potatoes look slightly brown
- Fry until second side is also slightly brown and set aside
- Put a new piece of butter in the pan and repeat steps until all mixture is gone
You’re done! It’s that easy! I hope you like it as much as I did 🙂