Long time no see – but I’m back! With another muffin recipe.
The thing with blueberry muffins is that they just have that perfect pop of moisture and flavour due to the blueberries and the muffin itself compliments that perfectly.
I think a nice addition would be a topping made with lemon juice and icing sugar, unfortunately that idea only came to me when all of them were already gone 😀 But next time I will definitely do that, because lemon and blueberry are great together!
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp flour
- 10 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp grated lemonpeel
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
Tips, hints and warnings
The blueberries don’t neccesarily have to be fresh, you can also use frozen or dried ones. I just think it gives the nicest flavour when they are fresh as they soak the dough a bit with their juice (but don’t worry, they won’t get soggy!).
They also give the mose flavour out of all the three options.
If you use frozen blueberries thaw them before using and then pour away any excess water and juice.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and soda and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl mix melted butter, egg, milk and the lemon peel
- Pour butter egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined
- Carefully fold in the blueberries
- Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners
- Fill up the muffin cups evenly
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes
- Then remove muffins from the pan
- Add frosting if desired
Done! Enjoy your muffins!